AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Name of the Society:
His Holiness the Dalai Lama's CENTRAL TIBETAN RELIEF COMMITTEE
- Location of the Head Office of the Society:
The head office of the society is located at Dharamsala, Tehsil Dharamsala, District Kangra (H.P.) INDIA on the following Address:Central Tibetan Administration
P.O. Dharamsala - 176215
District Kangra - Himachal Pradesh, INDIA
- Aims & Objectives of the Society:
The basic aim and objective of the society is to promote and assist in the upliftment of the poor, needy, backward, under privileged, handicapped and the sick within the Tibetan Community in exile and shall include to this end, without prejudice to the generality of the a foregoing, the following, namely to:
- promotion of social welfare
- promotion of rural development
- promotion of religious or charitable purpose including establishment of funds for welfare of military orphans,
- welfare of political sufferers and welfare of the like;
Other ancillary objectives to obtain the main objectives:
- To undertake and assist in development, programmes and projects among the poor, needy, backward, under-privileged, handicapped and the sick, irrespective of caste, creed or sex by the Society itself or in collaboration with others.
- To undertake and assist in programme for the progressive development of the physically, socially, mentally and economically backward and handicapped.
- To mobilize resources of voluntary agencies and co-ordinate their efforts for advancing the development of the poor, needy, backward, under-privileged and handicapped through social action and to serve as an Agency for Assisting voluntary agencies in their efforts to respond to human and to further co-operation among them.
- To initiate, conduct and assist family welfare and health and community development programmes.
- To initiate, administer and assist programmes for providing better nutrition to children and adults especially amongst the poorer and more backward sections
- To promote agricultural practices and projects for improving food production.
- To assist in resettlement and rehabilitation of the needy.
- To undertake and assist emergency relief work for victims of natural calamities and other disasters.
- To cooperate with voluntary agencies, the Central and State Government in projects and programmed contributing to social, economic, industrial and agricultural development.
- To receive, store and distribute among the needy, gift supplies including food, medicines, clothing, equipment and material and to assist other agencies, organisations and/or bodies engaged in the receipt, storage, and/or distribution thereof among the needy.
- To initiate, promote and assist self-help and the means thereof amongst the poor, backward, needy, under-privileged and handicapped sections of the community by promoting cottage industries (including manufacture of hand-made Tibetan carpets) and co-operative ventures and other organised movement amongst them for manufacture, acquisition, sale and distribution of products for their mutual benefit.
- Assist industrial and vocational training and production projects such as craft schools, weaving carpets, cottage industry projects, handicrafts and other means of self-help.
- Technology transfer from 'Lab' to 'Land' by disseminating information on cost effective technologies in urban and rural areas.
- Skill upgradation and training of masons, artisans, carpenters, other building related workforce including professionals and entrepreneurs in production and practice of various cost effective building materials, techniques and systems.
- Manufacturing/production of cost effective building material/components based on local, natural or waste resources and providing distribution outlets for the various users group.
- Creating a pool of trained rural/urban construction and other developmental activities undertaken by individual house-holds or public housing/development agencies utilizing appropriate and cost effective building technologies.
- Housing and building guidance, information and counseling.
- Print and publish books, pamphlets, leaflets, magazines and other materials to mobilize public consciousness of the needs of the poor and the under-privileged.
- Undertake to co-ordinate and guide international Charities, Agencies and individual donors to wherever the need is most felt within the Tibetan community and give them access to materials about the socio-economic conditions of Tibetan refugees in exile.
- Do all other acts, deed, matters and things necessary for or incident to or in the attainment of the objects of the Society or any of them, including, without prejudice to the generality of the a foregoing, the following:
- To appoint, employ, train, equip, and/or pay any agents and workers and other staff and personnel:
- To accumulate the income of the Society or any part thereof for such period(s) and purpose(s) as the Society may deem fit;
- To invest all or any of the monies for the time being held by the Society on such securities or with or without security and on such terms and conditions as the Society shall consider suitable;
- To vary, convert and/or re-invest from time to time all monies, properties, securities, stocks, shares or their investment or any kind whatever for the time being held by the Society, or into which the same or any part thereof may be varied, converted or re-invested and all accumulations thereof;
- To accept property to be held by the Society;
- For the general objects of the Society;
- On special trusts for any specific objects of the Society.
- On bare or passive trusts, without under-taking the management or administration of such property provided that the corpus of the trust or income thereof is to be in or towards the achievement of any of the objects of the Society.
- To sell, exchange, mortgage, let, license or demise or otherwise deal with building, houses and other properties whatsoever vested in or held by the Society.
- To buy, purchase or otherwise howsoever acquire property of any kind, both movable and immovable, the corpus and/or income of which is to be applied in or towards the objects of the Society or any of them;
- To recover rent or license fees or other charges in connection with any property vested in or held by the Society in connection with any service rendered or act, deed, matter or thing done by the Society;
- To acquire by purchase, amalgamation or otherwise the undertaking and/or operations of any other agency, organisation or body with similar objects and/or those within the jurisdiction of an under the Administration of Department of Home, Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) of H.H. the Dalai Lama, Dharamsala.
- To function closely together with Department of Home, CTA of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and henceforth take over the refugee relief work together with all the assets and liabilities of the Department's Relief Wing.
- To promote, subscribe to and/or assist other agencies, organisations, bodies with objects similar to those of the Society.
- To act as agents, treasurers, and/or secretaries of other agencies, organisations and bodies with objects similar to those of the Society.
- To appeal for and raise from within and without. India wherever possible, funds, subscriptions, grants and loans, whether secured or unsecured in such manner as the Society may thing fit;
- To pay out of the funds of the Society all expenses of or incidental to the formation and management of the Society;
- To do all things which are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects of the Society.
- Society can receive the corpus fund and donations from any organisations or any society and society can also give corpus donations and simple donations to any other societies.
PROVIDED that the income and property of the Society however derived, shall be applied solely for and towards the objects of the Society as set forth above, and the same shall be deemed to be held in trust by the Society on the obligation that they shall be exclusively so utilised and for no other purpose
AND part of the income or property afore said shall be paid, used, applied, or transferred, directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise, to or for the benefit of the members, of the Society or to any one or more of them, or for any purpose which is not charitable within the meaning of the Income Tax Law for the time being in force in India, provided that this shall not prevent payment in good faith of remuneration to any officer, servant or member of the Society for the service rendered.
The management of the affairs of the Society is entrusted by the regulation of the Society to the Governing Body, whose names, address and occupation are specified below: