- The Department of Home, CTA has duly issued directive to all the Old People’s Homes in India & Nepal dated 17th March 2020 to restrict any visitors from entering OPH and to check unnecessary movement of the elders. The notice has been pasted on the entrance gates.
- Face masks were distributed and all the members were asked to maintain social distancing. Hand sanitizers are kept in every room/corner and the area within the OPH have been duly sanitized for disinfection.
- Collecting daily temperature of each elder to monitor any uneven rise of the body temperature and creating awareness of preventive measures such as listed below-
- a) Nature of disease.
- b) Preventive methods.
- c) Demonstration on maintenance of Hand hygiene
- d) Non touch technique
- e) Personal Preventive Equipment
- f) Diet of healthy food with rich Vitamin C.
4. To maintain a healthy mind, the elderly members were shown the videos on H.H. the Dalai Lama’s teaching and other religious teachings along with Tibetan traditional video songs to lighten the mood within the OPH.
5. Various recreational activities like games, Tibetan circle dance (Gorshey), cooking food and cleaning of OPH have been organized to ensure a sound health and happiness for the elders.